Article A: Definitions
The private company, trading under the name “Barber School”, registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce Amsterdam under number 69657319.
The natural person (optionally represented by its legal representative) who follows a course at Barber School.
The form, available at Barber School, with which the student registers for a course at Barber School.
Duration of training and training costs:
The duration of training is indicated per course on the Barber School website and/or in the current Barber School study guide and/or in an applicable customized quotation of Barber School and is indicated in number of teaching days. The training costs consist of tuition fees, registration fees, exam fees and other costs. The tuition fees apply to the relevant study program for the indicated number of teaching days. In addition to tuition fees, registration fees, exam fees and other costs (such as materials, books, costs of access e-learning and other costs) may be due. The tuition fees and other costs are indicated per course on the Barber School website and/or in the current Barber School study guide and/or in an applicable customized quotation of Barber School.
The tuition fee does not include exam fees. The exams that go with courses of Barber School are taken by independent recognized examination institutes such as Visavi. The exam regulations of the relevant examination institute are applicable to all examinations. These regulations are provided to each student or can be requested at Barber School. Where Barber School has indicated costs for examinations, Barber School is responsible for registering students for examinations and for collecting and remitting exam fees to the examination institute.
The BOL training in collaboration with Heads Academy is concluded with a nationally recognized branch and/or OCW recognized diploma.
The BBL training of 40 weeks concludes with a certificate of the obtained (partial) qualification(s).
Article B: Applicability of these conditions
These general terms and conditions apply to the agreement between Barber School and the student, insofar as the parties have not deviated explicitly and in writing from these conditions.
Article C: Registration and conclusion of an agreement
- Registration for the course is effected by fully completing and signing the Barber School application form and sending it to Barber School by post or e-mail. The registration form must be received by Barber School no later than 4 weeks before the start of the course. The signing of the form by the applicant also implies acceptance of these general terms and conditions. In the application form, the applicant indicates for which period he/she prefers to follow the course.
- If Barber School has received a fully completed and signed registration form, Barber School will confirm the registration for the program to the student by e-mail.
- The date of registration is the date of receipt of the application form by Barber School. Barber School reserves the right to refuse applications.
- Barber School reserves the right to terminate the agreement with immediate effect if the student does not, not properly, or not fully comply with one or more of his obligations towards Barber School or acts in violation of these conditions.
- The student himself is responsible for his presence and commitment during the course.
Article D. Prices and costs
- The training price and any administration costs are determined by Barber School and are stated on the Barber School registration form and during the introductory meeting.
- The training price is applicable for the duration of the entire program. Exceeding the training period or catching up a training day only takes place in mutual consultation with Barber School. Additional costs for further guidance and undergoing additional training are charged separately unless otherwise determined by Barber School.
- Barber School determines the costs on the basis of a standard amount or on the basis of an hourly rate. Decision making about how to catch up a training day and the amount of the costs lies entirely with Barber School.
Article E. Invoicing and payment
- The training price and the possible costs of further training, refresher training and/or re-examinations will be invoiced in advance. The invoice must be paid within two weeks of the invoice date.
- If the training price is not paid within two weeks after the invoice date, the student shall be in default and Barber School reserves the right, after Barber School has ordered the applicant at least once to pay, with effect from the date on which the failure occurred, to increase the amount due with the statutory interest.
- All judicial and extrajudicial (collection) costs incurred by Barber School as a result of the student’s non-fulfilment of his payment obligations, shall be borne by the student.
- If the applicant does not fulfil the payment obligation in a timely manner as aforesaid, Barber School reserves the right to exclude the student from the program. The applicant remains at all times liable for the fulfilment of its payment obligation for the training price and any additional costs.
- Absence from lessons by the student cannot lead to a reduction of the training price or any other amounts due.
- Interim termination, by the student, does not relieve such person from his/her payment obligation.
Article F. Cancellation policy
- Cancellation can only be effected by registered letter, within two weeks after signing the registration form for the training at Barber School. Directed to Barber School, PO Box 10044, 3004 AA Rotterdam. As date of cancellation, the date of the postmark of the cancellation letter will apply. In the event of cancellation within the cancellation period, the cancellation costs and- administration costs amount to €75. The already paid training price will be refunded to the applicant.
- In the event of cancellation up to 28 days before the first day of the course, the registration fee and 10% of the tuition fee will be due to Barber School.
- In the event of cancellation up to 14 days before the first day of the course, the registration fee and 20% of the tuition fee will be due to Barber School.
- In the event of cancellation within 14 days before the first day of the course, the registration fee and 50% of the tuition fee will be due to Barber School.
- In the event of termination by the student after the start of the study program, all training costs will be due, whereby tuition will be due up to a maximum of 1 year after the cancellation.
Article G. Cancellation by Barber School
- Barber School reserves the right to cancel or postpone training in case of force majeure or in the event of a shortage of training places or insufficient participation and accepts no liability for damage resulting from cancellation or postponement of the course.
- Barber School undertakes to inform the student of postponement or cancellation, no later than one week before the start of the course. Barber School will endeavour to still provide the training within a reasonable period of time.
- In the event of cancellation on the initiative of Barber School, the already paid amount of the training price will be refunded to the student.
Article H. Timetable
- The timetable of the student will be sent to the student no later than 1 week before the start of the program.
- Barber School reserves the right to amend the timetable. Any amendments will be made known to the students concerned as soon as possible.
Article I. Amendments General terms and conditions
- Barber School reserves the right to unilaterally amend these conditions. Amendments also apply to agreements already concluded. Amendments will be announced in writing and/or by e-mail and/or on the Barber School website. They take effect 30 (thirty) days after the announcement or at a later date stated in the announcement. If the student does not wish to accept a change in the general terms and conditions, he has the right to cancel the agreement as of the date on which the changed conditions will take effect.
- If by judicial decision, one or more articles of these general terms and conditions are declared invalid, other provisions of these terms and conditions will remain in full force and Barber School will draw up new provisions to replace the null and/or void provisions, whereby as far as possible the purpose and purport of the void or annulled provisions will be taken into account.
Article J. Applicable law and choice of arbitration
- All agreements to which these general terms and conditions apply shall be governed by Dutch law.
- All disputes that may arise with regard to the interpretation or the execution of the provisions of the agreement or these general terms and conditions, both legal and factual, will be settled by a competent court.
Article K. Liability
- Insofar as Barber School imputably fails and the student suffers damage, Barber School’s liability for damage that is not the result of injury, death or property damage is limited to compensation for direct damage.
- Barber School’s liability for personal injury, death or property damage is not excluded or limited.
- The liability referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 extends to persons employed by Barber School or to persons appointed by him for the performance of the agreement.
Article L. Copyright and Property Law
The teaching and/or study material for which the purchase price has been paid remains the property of the student. The copyright, however, rests with the author of the teaching material and never transfers to the student. It is therefore forbidden to use teaching materials photocopy or in any other way to multiply. If the student or anyone else violates this provision, he or she will be liable for the damage Barber School and/or the author suffers as a result of this unlawful act on the grounds of the Copyright Act.
Article M. Privacy and complaints statutes
Barber School has privacy and complaints statutes Complaints may at all times be directed in writing to the Barber School Director, PO Box 10044, 3004 AA Rotterdam.